Marvelous Mibs Marbles Collectors Zone Forum Index Marvelous Mibs Marbles Collectors Zone
A Stress-Free Place to Relax and Talk Glass

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

update on Feb. Buckeye show- formerly New Philly show

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Marvelous Mibs Marbles Collectors Zone Forum Index -> Marbles & Glass Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smitty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: update on Feb. Buckeye show- formerly New Philly show Reply with quote

Buckeye Marble Club Winterfest, formerly known as the New Philly show has been moved! Sat. Feb. 13th, 2010- in room trading wed. 10th thru fri. 12th.

Due to the renovation of the Holiday Inn at New Philadelphia, the show will be held at the Holiday Inn at 4520 Everhard Road N.W. Canton, Ohio 44718

This is 28 miles north of New Phila. on I-77.

After much searching, I have found this to be the best choice for our show.
They have a free 24 hour shuttle to and from the Akron/Canton airport (CAK)which is only a few miles away. They have a direct phone line at the baggage claim.
The banquet room is very nice and large enough to accommodate our show and will also have a lunch stand.
Every room has been remodeled and each room has a 32" flat screen t.v., a microwave and refridgerator. They also have free high speed internet.
There are 80 first floor rooms that will be assigned "as you arrive". The earlier you check in, the better your location will be.
I WILL NOT BE ASSIGNING ANY ROOMS, SO DON'T ASK!
I have negotiated a room rate of $79 plus tax per night. Normal rates are $139-$159. To get this special group rate you must make your reservation no later than Jan. 15th, 2010 and tell them you are with the Buckeye Marble Club

The reservation # is 330-494-2770

This hotel is in the center of an enormous shopping area. There is a large shopping mall directly across the street and dozens of great restaurants and buffets within a few blocks.
other attractions include the Pro- Football Hall of Fame, Pres. McKinley museum and Canal Fulton Glassworks

www.hicanton.com
We will advertise in Cleveland, Akron and Canton papers and are expecting some nice marbles to come in "off the street"
If you need any other info you can contact me at smitty323@wifi7.com
Steve Smith Vice-pres. Buckeye Marble Club

Last edited by smitty on Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
brian graham

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My glass shop is only about 9 miles from the show. I am hoping to do some demos or a tour of some sort. It would be cool to get a few contemp makers to come out and make some marbles as well.

http://www.canalfultonglassworks.com
tankgrrl29

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one's coming up quick!

"YES WE DID"
Alan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan to be there!

Alan Z
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Marvelous Mibs Marbles Collectors Zone Forum Index -> Marbles & Glass Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: